Ms. Lorna Ruttoh – Founder, Director, Change Maker, Social Entrepreneur and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). She holds a B.Comm degree in Accounting from Africa Nazarene University and various certificates in Entrepreneurship. She is in charge of sales, marketing, PR and investor relations.
She leverages a network of key customers, suppliers, partners and financiers, all crucial to business creation and success. She previously worked at Stanbic Bank as an intern and at Imperial Bank for 2 years.
Lorna's passion & leadership skills have accelerated EcoPost’s success. She’s won numerous awards including the 2013 Transform Kenya Awards, 2012 USA Unreasonable Institute Fellowship, 2012 Forbes 20 Youngest Power Women in Africa, 2011 Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards amongst others. She has developed a community engagement program whereby she works with youth and women group who are marginalized. She advocates integrity as a key to business success.
Mr. Charles Kalama – Founder & Chief Operating Officer (COO). He oversees all the day to day operations of the company. He holds a 1st Class Honours, Master of Engineering degree in Biochemical Engineering with Bioprocess Management from University College London, UK.
He has a strong technical background and is in charge of (and authorises the) design, purchase, installation and commissioning of new plant and equipment in addition to coordination the repair and maintenance function.
He also handles the supply chain, quality control and R n’ D aspects of the business ensuring that the plant runs based on the latest lean management practices. He has a strong track record in improving plant efficiency, productivity and overall profitability. He is a winner of the 2012 Austrian Energy Globe Award, 2012 Common Pitch South Africa, 2010 IChemE Innovator of the Year Award, a 2011 Acumen East Africa Fellowship program.
Mrs. Wanja Getambu-Kiragu – Director holds a Finance degree & an MBA from the United States International University, Nairobi. She is a finance and strategy professional. She has worked in the financial sector in Kenya for over 5 years with practical experience in development of financial products for SMEs.
She was project coordinator and consultant for the CMA Study “Impact Investing: Challenges and Opportunities in the East African ICT Sector” through which she interacted with PE/VC firms operating in the East Africa region and regulators of the financial markets in Kenya.
She was also the lead consultant for an assignment to develop the strategy for the institutionalization of East Africa’s first Social Investment Exchange, an assignment which involved both product development and design of an implementation strategy. Through this assignment she interacted with social investors as well as organizations such as the East Africa Social Enterprise Network.
Allan Bett – Accountant. He is qualified at CPA Level 1 and 2 and holds a Kenya Accountants Technician Certificate (ATC) LEVEL 1 AND 2.
Allan has held previous accounting roles with Midrift General Merchants (A Construction company in Nakuru) and Tas (A renowned hotel in Nakuru)
Currently his roles include but are not limited to:
1) Analyzed budgets and other financial information and advices where savings could be made.
2) Developed, implemented, modified, and documented recordkeeping and accounting systems on QuickBooks Accounting software.
3) Recording of every financial transaction of the business.
4) Follow up on Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable.
5) Prepared Monthly, Quarterly And Annual Financial Statements.
6) Computed Monthly VAT owed and prepared tax returns.
7) Conducted a monthly reconciliation of every bank account.
8) Interacting with the Internal Auditor.
Mr. Charles Murunga – Financial Consultant
Management & Consulting
Risk Assessment & Internal Control Reviews
TrainingMr. Murunga was previously an Audit Associate at PriceWaterhouseCoopers in both Kenya and Uganda and later at Ernst and Young in Kenya.
1) Accounting support, Tax administration and Internal System Reviews
2) Supporting companies with financial expertise to do the following
3) Execute regular accounting and tax functions i.e. maintaining, reporting, filing, budgeting and advising
4) Provide technical accounting support to develop financial solutions in line with IFRS
5) Perform business process and internal control reviews/audits;
6) Train staff to improve their capacity in accounting principles and use of accounting software i.e. Quickbooks, Sage Pastel, Uhasibu (cloud based) etc
7) Execute financial statutory audits
8) Assist in resolving tax disputes
Mr. Kepher Waningu – Repair & Maintenance Technician - He holds a Bachelors Degree in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering and an MBA from the University of Salford, Manchester, UK.
He previously worked as a lead Supervisor and Maintenance Engineer at City Seasons Hotel, Dubai, UAE, for 4 years and as an Assistant Building Services Engineer at Osram Ltd, UK, a global leader in the lighting market.
He also worked as a repair and maintenance technician at Sanpark Africa Industries Ltd, Mlolongo, a leading plastics manufacturer in Kenya.
Japheth Kiteme – Chief Technician. Japheth holds a diploma in Electrical Engineering. He has over 20 years experience in the plastics industry, having worked for giants such as TeePee (Brush Manufacturers – A billion shilling local company) and Shreeje Plastics, a leading local supplier of recycled plastic pellects. His hands on expertise has enabled us to solve major electrical and mechanical problems for the 3 years he has been working with us.